Reaper Miniatures is a manufacturer of highly detailed RPG and D&D metal figures, plastic figures, and paints. With a selection of over 5000 SKUs, Reaper’s figures are an excellent choice for the painting and gaming enthusiast. Figures are based off the 25mm Heroic Scale – this means the average human figure is going to stand about 1 inch tall. Large creatures such as dragons are often much larger, smaller creatures smaller than 1". All Reaper figures come unpainted so users can customize them however they like or play with them right out of the box. Many metal figures no matter the size come unassembled, smaller plastic figures are usually assembled, and larger plastic figures are usually unassembled.
Shop Reaper Miniatures on Pippd.
Reaper Miniatures Product Lines
Reaper Minis offers figures from a variety of lines/categories, including:
Dark Heaven Legends
– 2000+ metal figures available. Dark Heaven Legends is Reaper’s largest line of 25mm Heroic Scale minis with a huge selection of characters and monsters for fantasy roleplayers, miniatures painters, and wargamers.
– created in partnership with Paizo Publishing, 300+ figures are available in both metal and plastic. They are based on the creatures and personalities of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
– 700+ figures available in metal and plastic. Figures can be used with Reaper’s Warlord Miniatures Battles Game, other roleplaying games, and miniature painting.
Legendary Encounters – Reaper’s only pre-painted line of figures, and they're all made from plastic. Unfortunately, this line is no longer available and last sold in 2019.
– 400+ figures available in metal and plastic. These minis are designed to be versatile and flexible – includes Cowboys, Sci-fi Soldiers, Superheroes and everything in between.
Master Series Miniatures
– like Legendary Encounters, this line had a very limited selection, but are no longer available. Past figures were made from metal and were much larger than 25mm scale models. If you're interested in large metal figures try searching '54mm' figure.
– 50+ figures available in metal and plastic. The metal figures are tabbed, meaning they come with a plastic base that the figure should be glued to. Officially licensed from the Pinnacle Entertainment Group, the figures represent the unique personalities and monsters from the Savage Worlds Roleplaying Game.
CAV: Strike Operations
– 80+ figures, most are made from plastic, some from metal. CAV: Strike Operations includes a selection of tanks, artillery, and soldiers for the use in the Roleplaying Game.
– Boxed sets come with a handy hard-plastic carrying case that holds metal figures. Foam inserts help protect the figures inside. Most have several figures or, like ‘The Court of Abyst’, a huge miniature with several pieces requiring assembly.
Learn to Paint Kits
and Paint Sets
– there are 2 learn to paint sets: 08906: Learn to Paint Kit: Core Skills
and 08907: Learn to Paint Kit: Layer Up
. Both sets include all the tools you need to ‘paint the Reaper way!’: brushes, paints, a how-to instruction guide, and Bones figures. Larger paint sets include a selection of colors and a case, and triads include 3 colors.
Reaper Bones Black
– introduced in 2019, Bones Black is an enhanced version of Reaper Bones miniatures. Figures are made with more rigid material, improved pigmentation, reduced seam and shift lines, and are tinted a dark gray for ease of painting and viewing.
Reaper Miniatures Paints
Reaper Minis come unpainted. To paint a miniature, consider using Reaper Miniatures' paints, Master Series Paints Core Colors also known as MSP Core Colors. The MSP Core Colors line has 200+ colors, including liners, inks, washes, primers, sealers, and additives. Triad packs are available for purchase which includes 3 core colors that work well together making shading and highlighting colors easier. Paints can be purchased separately or in prepackaged sets.
Fast Facts about Master Series Paints:
MSP Core Colors
- Either line of paint is 100% compatible with the other
- Non-Toxic, Water Soluble
- Dries matte
- Comes in 1/2 oz dropper bottles
- Enhanced flow properties make painting small details easier
- Excellent for thinned paint applications like layering, washes, and glazes, as well as laying down fast base-coats.
Is this Reaper Mini figure Metal or plastic?
Most Reaper figures on Pippd.com include that information in the title. If not, have a look at the bullet points and description. Also note, if a figure is in the 'Bones' category, then it is made of plastic. Here’s an example of the same figure but made from different material:
from Reaper Miniatures are cast in pewter. They're heavier and usually more expensive than plastic Bones figures. Small or large, metal figures may come unassembled, depending on the model. Before painting, the figure may need to be prepared, including assembly, removing unwanted metal left from the molding process, or bending limbs and/or weapons into the desired position. Metal figures are manufactured in Denton, Texas (the same city we're based out of).
Example Model Pictured: Reaper Miniatures Neb'nesew, Nefsokar Warlord #14236 Nefsokar Unpainted D&D Mini.
from Reaper Miniatures are made from plastic. They're lighter and usually less expensive than metal figures. Most small plastic figures do not require assembly, while larger ones often do. Before painting, the plastic figure may need to be prepared, including assembly, or bending limbs, weapons, and/or position of figure into the desired stance. Plastic figures are usually manufactured in China
Example Model Pictured: Reaper Miniatures Mummy Lich #77147 Bones Unpainted Plastic D&D RPG Mini Figure
How Tall is are Reaper Miniature Figures?
Many of Reaper's figures are pictured with 2 triangles on the right side of the image, or an "M" or a "B" next to the figure. The lower triangle represents 1/2" or about 12.5mm, and the higher triangle represents 1" or 25mm. Contact us using the form below if you have a questions about the height of any particular figure.
Shop Reaper Miniatures on Pippd.