Chessex Dice are The coolest dice on the planet. Founded in 1987, Chessex has had a long history of manufacturing high quality gaming accessories at an affordable price with an emphasis on dice. Chessex Dice manufactures unique lines of dice including: opaque dice, translucent dice, speckled dice, gemini dice, signature dice, classic dice, and lab dice.
Chessex also offers accessories such as figure storage boxes, gaming mats, gaming stones, display cases, dice bags, gaming trays, sand timers, and a dice boot.
The Chessex Standard
Quality and consistency are the ultimate keys to making The Coolest Dice on the Planet. At Chessex, they are striving to bring uniformity of size, number marking, and shape to their dice. Their goal is to give you the confidence of knowing that any Chessex die you purchase will always be of consistently high quality. In order to effectively meet this criteria, Chessex created The Chessex Standard:
- All Chessex Dice read from the top, making them easy to comprehend.
- For ease of reading, Chessex now uses underscoring, rather than tiny indicator dots, to differentiate 6's from 9's.
- All polyhedral dice have sharper edges for easier shape recognition
- All Chessex Dice have numbers that are as large as possible on each face.
- Rounded corners on their pipped dice enable the dice to tumble well on small surfaces, such as game boards and dice towers.
- Each Ten d10 set contains only d10s and is available in each style and color of dice they offer.
- Each Polyhedral 7-Die Set includes one of each of: 4 sided dice, 6 sided dice with numbers, 8 sided dice, 10 sided dice numbered 0-9, Tens 10 sided dice numbered 00-90, 12 sided dice, and 20 sided dice.
- Each 16mm d6 with pips Dice Block contains 12 6 sided pipped dice, available in each color and style Chessex has to offer.
- Each 12mm d6 with pips Dice Block contains 36 6 sided pipped dice, available in each color and style Chessex has to offer.
Chessex Dice Lines
Chessex offers some of the most unique and high quality RPG dice and D6 dice that you can find.
- Opaque Dice are made of a dense material for a better feel when rolling which allows for flatter faces and sharper edges. These dice are very economical, at a fraction of the cost of Chessex's other materials. Most are made in Denmark.
- Translucent Dice are clear and bold colors giving them a gem-like quality. They are an excellent addition to any dice collection. Most are made in Germany.
- Speckled Dice have been a popular color range for the past 30 years. Speckled dice are made with the same material as the opaque dice resulting in the same quality and density. Most are made in Denmark.
- Gemini Dice were first introduced in 2006 and were an immediate hit and continue to be to this day. They are so popular that the Gemini material now has its own dice color range. Most are made in Germany.
- Signature Dice are a compilation of the best selling colors of new dice Chessex has released in the past years. Over time, this range of colors has become Chessex's signature dice color range, thus the name.
- Classic Dice is a collection of Chessex's other great colors, including a variety of colors from the following Lines: Cirrus, Festive, Frosted, Gemini, Ghostly Glow, Glitter, Leaf, Lustrous, Marble, Phantom, Velvet, and Vortex.
- Specialty Dice - Chessex offers many types of Specialty Dice to fulfill your gaming needs: mini-polyhedral, metal plated d6s, metal polyhedral dice sets, Speckled 34mm d20s, opaque 16-sided dice, opaque 6-sided d3's, Speckled Roman d4, Opaque blank polyhedral dice sets, Compass d8, Opaque Weather d6, Opaque smiley-faced d6, custom logo/meme's, and more!